Class of 2021 Information
Senior Commitment Facebook and Instagram Page
Once you have committed to your college, we invite you to fill out the linked survey so we can share your exciting news on social media. https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/GXYRS2B?fbclid=IwAR3PiPk5Ocb8-FazFfzDO7nq4yNlPb8fuB9cKi9c1Hy0yusMmt37OYoHLb0
This page is being run by a LHS alum, parent, and community member. LHS families will be invited to join the group.
Graduation - June 5th
Graduation will be held on Saturday, June 5, in our stadium at 9:00 am. If it should happen to rain, we will hold the graduation ceremony on Sunday, June 6, at 9 am in the stadium.
- Tickets: At this time, we are planning to provide your senior with SIX tickets for guests. If the forecast for the weekend of June 5-6 calls for rain which necessitates an indoor ceremony, students will only be allowed TWO guests.
- You will receive tickets at graduation practice on Friday, June 4. Practice will begin promptly at 1pm. You must be present at graduation practice to participate in graduation and to receive your tickets. Tickets will not be released before this date.
- In order to receive your graduation guest tickets, you must pay all fees and return all books, uniforms, calculators.
- You do not need to wear your cap and gown to graduation practice.
- Seniors are expected to follow the graduation dress code at graduation: young men will need to wear black pants, a white dress shirt, dark tie, and black dress shoes, and young ladies will need to wear a black dress and black dress shoes. DRESS CODE WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED!
- Masks are not required for graduation; however, families not living in the same household must sit three feet apart from each other.
- Please plan on carpooling as parking will likely be an issue.
- Because of Covid mandates and space, the only extra tickets available will come from students who do not participate in graduation activities. Therefore, if you need to request an additional ticket(s), email Dr. Glover, firstname.lastname@example.org, beginning on Monday, May 24. DO NOT CALL FOR ADDITIONAL TICKETS. Any extra tickets will be given on a first-come, first-serve basis and will be allotted after graduation practice only.
- Guests will be seated on the home side first and then will spill over onto the visitor side.
- Graduates should meet in the gym to prepare for graduation NO LATER THAN 8 am. Guests will not be seated until 8:00 am on the morning of graduation.
Pictures with Yasmin Leonard at Mr. Cain's Farm Wednesday, May 19th & Wednesday, May 26th
We have scheduled pictures with Yasmin Leonard for two days in May. These sessions are optional and there is no sitting fee. Students will have the option to purchase photos from an online gallery after the sessions. If you are interested in signing up please use this link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aag_HMW7PMO5F2qcb83RhFMk05bdFAWJf37cu0QB7sQ/edit?usp=sharing
Pictures will be taken at Mr. Cain’s farm, Secret Meadows at Green Dell Farm. The address is 845 Sullivan Rd, Thomasville, NC 27360
Senior Assembly: Wednesday, May 26, 9:00 am
- The annual senior assembly will be held in the stadium this year at 9 am. Students will be able to invite four guests. Your tickets for this event are included with this letter via snail mail.
- If this event is rained out, the senior assembly will be held inside in the gym and no guests will be permitted; however, the event will be live-streamed if this occurs.
- Seniors should treat this day as a “dress rehearsal” for graduation and come wearing their caps and gowns.
- Students will receive a ticket for a free Sunset Slush after the assembly. Parents will be able to purchase slushies if they want them.
- Seniors should meet in the gym to line up NO LATER THAN 8:30 am.
- Questions regarding the senior awards assembly should be directed to Lara Cecil in Student Services, email@example.com.
Read or download a copy of the updated Senior Information Letter below!