Ledford High School Orientation Week
We are excited to have the students back in the building for orientation next week! Below is a list of reminders for the week.
- Students need to report to school on their scheduled day (this includes students who have opted to be 100% remote). The assigned days are listed below by last name:
- Monday-- J. Adams-C. Craig
- Tuesday-- E. Crain-N. Hill
- Wednesday-- M. Hilton-Je. Morales
- Thursday--A. Moreno-J. Sermeno
- Friday--K. Shaver-D. Zimmerman
- The school day will run from 8:30-3:30. All students need to bring the completed screening form that was mailed home. Forms may also be downloaded from the school website. All 9th grade students need to bring the completed Technology Agreement form.
- Students will have the opportunity to attend each of their four classes, meet their teachers, and meet with administration. Breakfast and lunch will both be served. Students may also bring their own lunch.
- Car riders should arrive between 8:00 and 8:15. The doors to the school will not be open to students before 8:00 am. A staff member will come to each car to take student temperatures and to collect the completed screening form that was mailed home. Please make sure masks are worn. Once temperatures have been taken, car riders will enter the main entrance of the building and either report to the cafeteria to pick up breakfast before going to first period, or will head directly to first period. Students will not be allowed to congregate in the halls. At the end of the day car riders will be released from their fourth period class as their ride arrives at school. Staff members will come to cars a few minutes after the bell rings at 3:30 and start collecting student names to call. Please be patient as this process is new and will take a little longer than the previous procedure.
- Students who drive themselves should arrive between 8:00 and 8:15. The doors to the school will not be open to students before 8:00 am. Students who drive themselves will enter the school through the entrance located at the football stadium. Staff members will come to student cars to take their temperature and collect their completed screening form that was mailed home. Please make sure masks are worn. Once temperatures have been taken, students who drive will enter the building through the gym doors in the bus lot and either report to the cafeteria to pick up breakfast before heading to first period, or head directly to first period. Students will not be allowed to congregate in the halls. At the end of the school day, students who drive will need to wait for the announcement that they can head to their cars.
- Students who ride the bus were mailed their bus number, bus times, and a screening form. Students need to turn in the completed screening form to the bus monitor as they board the bus in the morning. The bus seats will be filled back to front with proper spacing between each student. Students are required to wear a mask while on the bus. Once bus riders arrive at school, their temperature will be taken by a staff member before entering the building. All bus riders will enter through the commons area doors and either go to the cafeteria to pick up breakfast before first period or go directly to first period. Students will not be allowed to congregate in the halls before class time. Bus riders will be called from their 4th period class by bus number.
Click on the links below to view the Parent letter that was mailed last week (in English and Spanish) that includes information about Orientation Week. The Health Screening form can also be downloaded from the link below along with the Technology Agreement that 9th graders must have completed to receive their device. Students must have a completed health screening form to get on the bus or enter the school building. Students are also required to wear a mask.