Bus Information for the 2017-18 School Year are displayed on the Ridership Spreadsheet Tab
School Bus and Traffic Safety.
As we begin the New Year, it is important we review our traffic patterns to provide access and prevent unsafe issues regarding the arrival and dismissal of students.Please be advised of the following points:
· Maintain an open lane in the middle of the front lot and leave enough space between cars so that cars pulling out of spaces can maneuver.
· Be aware of your position on Jesse Green if having to wait on the road. Two way traffic must still be maintained.
· Our neighbors across the street have asked that cars not block their driveways.
· The entrances/exits by the gymnasiums are for arriving students and buses. We ask parents and others delivering students to drop off in the front of the building to relieve congestion and possibility of accidents.
· When the yellow school buses are on the bus lot, cars may not maneuver through to exit. Any cars parked in handicap areas or along soccer field when buses arrive should remain there until buses are released.
Safety and Ridership Procedures for Bus Transportation
- In mornings and afternoons, loading and unloading, it is State Policy students follow the approved hand directions by the drivers.
- Students should not be using cell phones and other electronics while loading and unloading buses due to their distracting nature.
- Drivers will NOT sound horns at stops.
- Students should arrive at stops 10 minutes ahead of planned bus arrival. Buses waiting on students just walking out of houses present a real traffic danger as traffic can build up in front and behind buses.
- Due to capacity level loads, we will not be able to accommodate students who wish to go home with others or spend the previous night at others homes.
- Stop Arm violations are receiving an emphasis. All should be aware buses are now equipped with stop arm cameras to identify offenders.
- No eating or drinking on bus.
- Buses are at capacity and occasionally due to cancellations of afterschool events, buses become overcrowded. It is our policy and procedure buses do not leave the lot overcrowded. If a bus is found to be over the limit, high school students at the end of the routes are asked to wait at school until the bus can reduce its numbers down at it first few stops, return and pick them up.
- Other policy and procedures regarding bus ridership is in the student handbook.
Interested in Driving a School Bus
If you are interested in driving a school bus, please contact Dr. Richardson at Ledford High.